Subscribe by email
My Photography Company:
Monthly Archives: May 2010
Its been a beautiful weekend around here so far! I love waking up on a Sunday knowing that I still have another day off! We’ve been playing outside, going to the playground, visiting great-grandmothers, taking naps and all sorts of stuff. While my bubbaloo is asleep I figured I’d hop on the GTKY bandwagon.
GTKY = Getting to Know You
Getting to Know You = Sunday blog hop hosted by Keely at MannLand5.
1. Have you ever snooped around someone else’s house? Not that I ever remember. I wouldn’t want people getting all up in my business, so why would I do it to them?
2. Can guys and girls be friends? ( thanks Jen!) Absolutely!
3. Can you curl your tongue? Yes, but only in a loop. None of that crazy clover-shaped curly stuff.
4. Have you ever stolen anything? Not intentionally. Once, while in a store getting some essentials, I did later find a stick of deodorant in my purse. My only explanation is that my purse was down in the big part of the carriage since Collin was sitting in the top part and as I tossed stuff back there the deodorant landed in it.
5. Would you rather talk on the phone or text? Phone. I don’t mind texting but if the messages start getting long I am so over it.
6. Memorial Day plans? My mother wants to take Collin to a local amusement park! I can’t wait to go myself, it should be a nice day for it!
7. What do you do to relax? Read. A lot.
8. Do you do anything to honor those that have died fighting for our freedom? I don’t go out of my way to do anything. We’ve celebrated at parades in the past. I’ve held Memorial Day concerts with my students before. Those were always emotional.
There ya have it. I hope you are all enjoying your weekends!
When I got Collin home this afternoon I had big plans to change him into his swim suit with one of those swim diapers underneath. We played in his pool and with his water table yesterday and by the time he was done the regular diaper looked like it might come out the bottom of his shorts at any moment. So when we got home today I brought him to his room and took out one of the different diapers… he wanted nothing to do with it. After a lot of fighting with him, I got that on then put his swim suit on. My plan was to just let him go out in his shorts and no shirt since it was later in the afternoon and the sun wasn’t too bad, just lather him up with sunblock.
Well… best laid plans? What is that saying?
He pitched a fit because he had neither shoes or a shirt on. And, let me mention, that the shoes I am referring to are his regular day – to – day sneakers. He has a very nice pair of sandals that he will absolutely NOT put on. We ended up taking two trips back to his room, first to get his shoes, which calmed him for a minute, but when he remembered he didn’t have a shirt on he flipped out again and we went up and got one of his rashguard shirts. My goodness.
Outside we went, and enjoyed the late afternoon heat. Its been great here for that – I am loving running through the sprinkler and dipping my feet in his little pool since its been so warm out!
Quirky kid, I am nervous to see how this pans out when we get to go swimming at my in-laws! I can picture myself telling anyone who asks why he has shoes on in the pool if they want to try to get them off of him. Haha!
In other randomness…..
- I had today off to get a bunch of stuff done around here and all day all I could think of was how nice it was out, how good of a mood Collin was in this morning, and how much fun I am sure we would’ve had if I had kept him home and said screw it to all the crap I had on my list of to-dos.
- I have a pretty sweet flip-flop tan line on my feet already, just from my late afternoons outside with Collin. This makes me happy.
- I’m feeling pretty lame about the job search and am beginning to question whether or not I’d even be good as a teacher anymore. Its only been a year, but I feel so out of practice!
- I am secretly pining over a new stroller and would just about die if I figured out a way to get it before we went on vacation. This would involve selling the two I already have, but I’m okay with that.
- I am questioning some relationships I have in real life right now and I don’t like it. The ebb and flow that come with friendships can be so exhausting. This happens every now and then, so I’m not really worried, but that doesn’t make it feel any better.
- I really want the ice cream truck to go by sometime when it is convenient for me to run down the driveway with Collin just because I want him to see what it is and share an ice cream cone with me (yeah, yeah… I’m sure all you more experienced parents are groaning and thinking that I’m asking for trouble with this one, but I have thought about it and am prepared, haha!).
- Today marks 15 days until the 5k!! EEeeeeek. Hopefully its not this incredibly hot by then! Over 90 degrees again today… I think I’d die trying to run in that. I’m still optimistic about the whole thing!
Its been warm here… actually, hot. This weekend we went to the park and Collin rode in this swing longer than he has in a long time. I thought he was going to fall asleep in it.
… Collin wakes up and says “Mama” first thing in the morning.
… he is running around like a mad man and stops dead in his tracks because he spotted a cat on the couch and wanted to give it a hug.
… I ask him if he wants to go outside to play and his eyes light up like sunbeams and he dances around in fits of joy.
… he uses a complete sentence, no matter how short. “I want more” may not sound amazing, but to this momma, coming from my little boy no words are sweeter.
… Collin practices saying peoples names. He’s been asking for “Gaga” (his grandmother) and “Mamy” (Amy – his aunt) and even “Lolly” (Molly – his baby cousin) and it is adorable.
… he gets up to go somewhere and takes my hand and pulls me so I got too.
… Brian comes home and upon hearing the door open Collin screams “DADA!” – or runs to the front yard to watch Brian’s truck pull up if we are already outside.
… we get ready for bed then sit on the couch for an episode of Manny or Mickey and Collin nuzzles up next to me and insists my arm is wrapped around him.
… he grabs the side of my face or Brian’s face and pulls us in for a kiss.
… I think about how much Collin has grown into an incredibly little boy.
Wow, this motherhood thing is so amazing.
Its Sunday – another word for “the weekend is almost over”. I don’t even know where this weekend went. I had a crazy busy week again, and this weekend hasn’t been any different. Brian’s birthday BBQ on Friday was great, we had a really good time. Yesterday I was busy and Brian was busy and we both fell asleep on the couch around 9:30pm (I wasn’t feeling great). Hopefully today will be a little bit more calm. I am hoping we get to go somewhere for a bike ride.
I want to take a minute to thank all my new friends and all the visitors who stopped by on Friday for my TMC Feature day! I think I’ve gotten to all the emails. I really appreciate it and look forward to getting to know you Theta Moms!
Its Sunday – which is also another word for “GTKY”! Getting to Know You is hosted by Keely at Mannland5. Answer these questions and link up over there! Its a great blog hop for a lazy Sunday!
1. Do you have a fetish?
No. Nothing. Especially not feet. Yuck.
2. Do you sing in the shower?
No. I used to, but I don’t anymore. I’m not sure why it stopped… embarrassment from when I moved in with Brian? Lol. I don’t know.
3. Who was your first crush?
Um, I think, if I remember correctly, I really liked a boy named David back in the first grade. I wanted to chase the ducks around our apartment complex (we lived in FL at the time) every single day. Lol.
4. What do you think is the best manly trait a guy could have?
Being handy… err… having the ability to fix things. I’d be so far in the hole if Brian could repair things around here, thank goodness.
5. Do you sleep naked?
6. What do you do when (you think) no one is looking?
Adjust my bra, pick wedgies. Lol.
7. What’s the first thing you do when you go online?
Check my email. I can’t help it, I have my homepage set so it just pops right up.
8. Summer is…..?
the most wonderful time of the year. Flip flops? Hello! I can’t wait to go to the beach either!
There ya have it! Join in the GTKY fun! These are some good questions this week!