- Me! - picture of yourself (you don’t have to show your face). What are you most proud of accomplishing in 2010?
Wow, there is so much I’m proud of. I’m going to have to mention more than one thing. First of all, I’m proud of myself for persevering despite the circumstances, despite the lack of a steady job, despite everything against me. Its been tough, but we’re okay, and most importantly I’m okay. Secondly, I’m proud of starting up a business, pretty much on a chance, and being WAY more successful than I ever could’ve imagined. Like… ever. I am SO incredibly happy taking photographs, it makes me so energized and fulfilled, that I can’t imagine NOT taking this risk. I can only hope that as I continue to learn and grow my company will continue to flourish. Lastly, I am proud of myself for running two 5k’s. This is a picture of me: it is terrible, but I love it. Brian and I are soaking wet because it was pouring out, I was exhausted and sore, but I don’t care. It is definitely one of my proudest moments, ever.
- I Love You - picture of your husband, boyfriend, children, pets, etc.
I cannot have one without the other – I love my husband and my son so very much, that I had to mention both of them. Truth be told, I love taking their picture together because nothing melts my heart more than seeing my baby boy play with his father, and they have so much fun. <3
- Still Laughing… - a moment you’re still laughing about now…tell us a story.
This is a stretch, because this photo was actually taken last New Years, but I laugh about this all the time, so I’m going with it. This picture is terrible, you can hardly see us, and I look awful, but I was more than a little tipsy, I was probably sweating from dancing so much, and it was New Years. We were at a wedding and my good friend Nicolasa and I were cuttin’ a rug like it was nobody’s business. Apparently, when Drop Kick Murphy’s “I’m Shipping Up to Boston” came on we did our own version of the Irish Jig – for the whole song.
- Winter Wonderland - a picture that reflects Winter.
There is something to be said about the days just after a good New England snowstorm. When the snow is fresh and people have yet to dig their way out of their homes. When the air is crisp and the sky is clear. This is a picture from right outside my front door after a newly fallen snow.
- Birthday - share a birthday picture (your own or someone you love).
Another (bad) picture of me. I spent my birthday at the happiest place on Earth this year! My husband snapped this picture of me as we were leaving Epcot – I was especially excited to get myself a little pin that said “Happy Birthday” and someone wrote in my name. All the “cast members” wished me a happy birthday! It was very cool.
- Friends - a picture with friends (this could be your friends or your children with their friends).
I have to include more than one picture here. Truth be told, if I had my way I’d be including even more than just the following three, but this will do. These three couples are who make my heart beat (aside from my husband and son), keep me smiling, and make me feel whole. I love every single person in them so much it is most certainly not said enough.
- I Was Inspired… - could be a picture of your inspiration (person or thing), or inspired by…
I love this picture. A lot. I don’t know what it is about it, but I love it. I love the composition, the colors, the crisp point of focus. It is beautiful to me. I am constantly inspired by finding beauty in the things around me, and only hope that if I can do that for myself, I will be successful in helping others see beauty in photographs as well.
- Spring Fever - a picture that reflects Spring.
We were incredibly lucky and got some fabulously early warm weather this past Spring. This picture is from March and it is one of my favorites. I can still hear Collin’s laughter ringing in my ears.
- Travel or Vacation - a picture taken on vacation or on a recent travel experience, OR of a place you’d like to travel.
I was able to travel this past February to Texas with a really great friend. I had never been and I love seeing new places, plus it was quality time with someone I love. I had a fun time and will cherish those memories. This was taken on a warm February day when I was able to wear flip flops and a t-shirt. You would never find me doing that at home!
- Summer Days - a picture that reflects Summer.
Self explanatory – a day at the beach.
- A Day In My Life - a picture of a typical day in your life.
This one is hard for me. Our days are so similar, yet so very different all at the same time, I didn’t know for sure what would best represent this. After going through some photos, though, I was able to narrow it down. Some of my fondest memories from this year happened right in our backyard, when we were all outside playing and laughing and having a good time. This picture is of Brady, but we’re all there having fun in the leaves. You could’ve found us outside any number of days this year – it was so fun.
- All Smiles - a picture that makes you smile or of smiling faces.
This picture definitely makes me smile. I love this picture because of the effect I was able to accomplish on the water, but also because of when it was taken. Our annual camping trip with our best friends. I LOVE camping and can’t wait to do it every year. We always make a point to go hiking (or… walking) at “The Basin,” a landmark a short drive from where we camp.
- Autumn Harvest - a picture that reflects Autumn/Fall.
One of my very favorite traditions that has developed over the last few years is to go apple picking with our family and this 100% represents Fall to me. It is always a wonderful day spent at a nearby farm picking apples, playing in the hay area, and petting the animals.
- Family - a picture of your family or a picture that represents family for you.
I had my brother snap this photo for us and love it. Its not perfect, but as close as we currently have.
- Celebrate! - a picture that reflects a celebration.
This picture is of Brian and I celebrating our third wedding anniversary. We went to Stowe, VT this year and had a lot of fun. It was a wonderful trip.
- Let’s Do It Again… - a picture of something you’d like to do again soon.
I took this picture last March when Brian, Collin and I went into Boston for the day. It was so much fun and truly a great family day. I definitely want to do it again! We went to the aquarium and while I think C would love doing that again, I’d love to go to the Children’s Museum too!
- I Miss You - a picture of someone or something you really miss.
When I hear the words “I miss you” the first person I Always always always think of is my grandfather who passed 5 years ago. I still think of him as if I had seen him yesterday, but that is not the case – I do not have a recent picture of him to share. Instead, I’ll share this picture of my friend Nicolasa and I. I miss a lot of people on a daily basis, simply because they fill my life with joy and as you probably know sometimes life gets in the way. That is most definitely the case with Nicolasa and I. We don’t live all that far apart, but schedules and activities and whatnot always seem to have other plans for us.
- Beautiful - a picture of someone or something you find beautiful.
- Dress Up - this might be a picture from Halloween or not…but someone who is all dressed up!
C protested Halloween this year, so I don’t have that kind of dress-up picture, but I do have one of my two men dressed to the nines for a wedding we were all a part of. They are so handsome!
- Macro - share your favorite macro image.
This is hardly macro, but about as close up as I got this year. I love this picture – a blossom just waking up in the spring. Such a wonderful metaphor.
- Holidays - a picture from the Holiday of your choice.
I chose to show a picture I took this past 4th of July. It was actually the 3rd that we were out getting ready to watch some fireworks when someone near by started lighting sparklers. I just love this picture.
- My Favorite - share your favorite picture or memory from 2010.
I have a lot to choose from for this since every single day is a breathtaking adventure with a two year old, but we went to Disney World this year, and enjoying that with my whole entire family takes the cake. Here is a picture of Brian and Collin, who is riding his very first ride ever at Disney – Dumbo!
- Don’t Ever Change - something you love about yourself, someone, or something that you never want to change.
How can I resist? I have to say that I hope Collin never loses his sense of humor and gorgeous smile. He is so happy and it makes ME so happy at the same time. I hope nothing ever, EVER takes the fire out of this little boy.
- Just Because…So There! - share any picture(s) that you really want to share, but doesn’t fit in any other category.
I haven’t included enough of Brady. Here he is being a goofball in the sprinkler.
- Hopes and Dreams - share what you hope to come or dream for 2011. Feel free to share an image of your choice.
I’ve come a long way, but have even further to go. My ultimate goal this year is to take my photography to another level. To make it my career would be amazing, but I’m not sure I am there yet. As long as I continue growing and learning and helping people capture their most precious memories I will be happy. To conclude, and to represent my photography journey, here is one of my favorite “official” business photographs.