1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
Had my 2nd baby boy.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
If I made any I don’t remember, so that probably means I didn’t keep them. So lets just say I didn’t make any
3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
With my husband and my boys <3
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Stayed in the US this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 5th, the day Camden came with a vengeance. August 9th, the day Collin turned 5. August 28th, the day Collin started kindergarten. My boys are my whole world and are growing so fast!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Adding a beautiful new son to my family. Finishing two graduate classes with amazing grades. Another successful year in photography.
9. What was your biggest failure?
In some ways I think my relationships with others has been my biggest failure. Work has been a big suckfest. My health or lack of improving it is pretty much a fail as well.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Hmmm. A new lens. Oh no, our new furniture, that is pretty great.
12. Where did most of your money go?
Bills. Where it always goes.
13. What song will always remind you of 2013?
Roar by Katy Perry. My oldest loves it and hearing him sing it makes me laugh every time.
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I were more adventurous. I wish I exercised more. I wish I went out with friends more.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Photography work. I love, love, love what I do but I need to step it back a bit. I am making it a business goal this year to take less clients and have more success. We’ll see what happens.
16. What were your favorite TV shows?
Criminal Minds, Grey’s Anatomy, Project Runway
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t hate, but there are definitely people I tolerate less than others.
18. What was the best book you read?
Um, I honestly don’t think I read a book for me this year. This makes me want to cry a little bit.
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don’t know on this one. I can’t say I “discovered” anyone new, but I did rekindle my love for a few artists I hadn’t listened to in a while.
20. What was your favorite film of this year?
Hmm. Another one I can’t answer. We just saw Frozen and I pretty much loved that, so that’ll be my answer.
21. What did you do on your birthday
Hung out with my boys. I don’t remember if we did anything else – its my old age getting the best of my memory. Haha!
22. What kept you sane?
23. Who did you miss?
Many people. My friends. Especially the second half of the year. A lot has changed and I cannot say its for the better.
24. Who was the best new person you met?
I cannot pick one person. I have met some very lovely people at work that make my days a bit more tolerable, but overall I’ve been stuck in a rut.
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013:
- “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson